BOOKING CONDITIONSPLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A HOLIDAY RESERVATION REQUEST WITH US (WHETHER BY EMAIL, TELEPHONE OR POST), THESE CONDITIONS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU.
HOLIDAY CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
1. (a) Upon the Agent issuing a holiday confirmation form for the Property to the Holidaymaker as Agent for the Property Owner, a binding contract shall exist between the Holidaymaker and the Property Owner subject to these booking conditions.
(b) A holiday confirmation form will be issued to the Holidaymaker upon receipt by the Agent of a completed holiday booking form or telephone booking, together with a deposit in respect of 50% of the total rental charge plus the relevant booking fee of £29.50 per property or per week. The balance of such rental charge shall be paid to the Agent 6 weeks (42 days) prior to the commencement of the holiday (the due date is stated clearly in the holiday confirmation form sent to the Holidaymaker).
(c) Booking forms or telephone bookings received by the Agent in respect of holidays due to commence within six weeks thereafter must be accompanied by payment of the rental charge for the holiday period in full.
(d) (i) The prices stated on the website are cash prices. We incur charges from credit card companies when you pay by credit card, and therefore a £6 charge will be made for each payment (transaction) made this way. Any charges raised against the Agent by its bank for handling dishonored cheques, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the Holidaymaker to the Agent within 7 days of the Agent's request to do so.
ii) Holidaymakers from Overseas must make payment in pounds sterling.
(e) The Agent reserves the right to refuse any booking.
(f) The Agent reserves the right to correct any error in both advertised and confirmed prices.
(g) Please note some Property Owners may charge a Good Housekeeping Bond (as mentioned in the individual Property details).
(h) When the holiday confirmation form for the Property has been issued to the Holidaymaker in accordance with conditions 2a and b, the price stated in that form will only be altered if costs increase or decrease as a result of any changes in the exchange rates (only applicable to holidays not in the U.K) which have been used to calculate the price of the holiday.
A surcharge will only be levied if the amount or increase of costs exceeds 5% of the total cost of the holiday, in which case the Holidaymaker will be sent a surcharge invoice. The surcharge must be paid with the balance of the cost of the holiday or within 14 days of the date of the surcharge invoice, whichever is the later.
A surcharge will not be levied within 14 days of the commencement of the holiday.
A refund will only be paid if the amount of decrease of costs exceeds 5% of the total costs of the holiday.
CHANGES BY THE HOLIDAYMAKER
2. Immediately upon receipt of the holiday confirmation from the Agent, the Holidaymaker should check the details and notify the Agent immediately of any correction as soon as possible. The Agent reserves the right to charge a holiday booking amendment fee to administer/correct any error by the Holidaymaker.
CANCELLATION BY THE HOLIDAYMAKER
3. (a) The Holidaymaker should notify the Agent immediately and in writing of any intention to cancel the holiday booking. The cancellation only takes effect when the Agent has received written confirmation from the Holidaymaker.
(b) If the Agent is unable to relet the holiday accommodation for the period of the cancelled holiday, all monies paid by the Holidaymaker to the Agent (including booking fees and any fees for extras) shall be forfeited to the Agent.
(c) If the holiday accommodation is relet, monies received by the Agent for the relet holiday, less the deposit, booking fee and any extras already paid by the Holidaymaker, may be refunded to the Holidaymaker within 2 weeks after the relet holiday has taken place.
(d) No refunds will be given on cancelled Short Break holidays, whether or not the holiday accommodation is relet.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY THE AGENT
4. (a) In the event of the Agent being unable to arrange the holiday accommodation requested by the Holidaymaker, or if the Property booked by the Holidaymaker becomes unavailable for whatever reason, the Agent will endeavor to arrange alternative accommodation for the Holidaymaker of an equivalent type and standard in a similar location, failing which (or at the option of the Holidaymaker) all monies paid by the Holidaymaker will be refunded. The Agent will then have no further liability to the Holidaymaker in that respect.
(b) Neither the Agent nor the Property Owner is liable for the additional cost of any alternative accommodation which must be paid by the Holidaymaker.
(c) If the offer of alternative accommodation is not accepted by the Holidaymaker within 28 days, a refund of all monies paid will be given by the Agent.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HOLIDAYMAKER
5. During the period of the holiday, the Holidaymaker undertakes the following:
(a) That the number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated upon booking with the agent. If it does the Property Owner/caretaker can refuse to allow the Holidaymaker to take possession of the Property or make the Holidaymaker leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Agent shall treat the holiday as being cancelled by the Holidaymaker and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim against the Agent for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
(b) That the Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the Holidaymaker and his party;
(c) To show due consideration for other parties. If the Holidaymaker abuses the Property or displays dangerous, offensive or rude behavior to the Property Owner/caretaker or any third parties (e.g. neighbours), the Property Owner/ caretaker has the right to ask the Holidaymaker to leave the accommodation before the end of the holiday. If this happens the Agent shall treat the holiday as being cancelled by the Holidaymaker and the Holidaymaker shall have no claim against the Agent for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
(d) To allow the Property Owner or his representatives access to the Property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday;
(e) To keep the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after the Holidaymaker's occupancy and for any consequential loss.
(f) To report as soon as possible to the Property Owner any breakages or damage caused by the Holidaymaker during the holiday and to reimburse the Property Owner with the cost of replacement. The Property Owner reserves the right to make a claim against the Holidaymaker for repair or loss as a result of damage caused;
(g) To notify all other members of the Holidaymaker's party of these conditions;
(h) The Holidaymakers' vehicles and their contents and the Holidaymakers' personal belongings are left at the Property during (and after) the period of the holiday entirely at the risk of the Holidaymaker.
(i) The Holidaymaker must not (without the express permission of the Property Owner) allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the Property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the Property.
6. (a) No pets allowed for both short term or long term rentals.
7. (a) The Agent shall accept no liability to the Holidaymaker for any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused to the Holidaymaker or to the Holidaymaker's personal property (or to persons in the Holidaymaker's party or their personal property) during their stay at the Property except to the extent such loss, damage or injury is caused by the negligence or willful default of the Agent.
(b) The Agent gives no warranty and is not responsible for the accuracy or otherwise of any information or representations given verbally by its servants or agents.
8. In the unlikely event the Holidaymaker may have cause for dissatisfaction, this must first be made known to the Property Owner (or caretaker for the Property) as soon as possible. The Holidaymaker's contract for the use and occupation of the Property for the holiday is with the Property Owner - not the Agent. If the Holidaymaker is unhappy with the Property Owner's response, the Agent on a goodwill basis as Agent only, may then assist in trying to resolve the complaint.
9. No liability can be accepted and no compensation will be paid by the Agent or the Property Owner, where the Holidaymaker or his personal property suffer any loss, damage, injury, disappointment, inconvenience or otherwise, or where the performance or prompt performance of any obligations by the Agent or the Property Owner are prevented or affected, by ?force majeure'. In this contract ?force majeure' means any event which the Agent or the Property Owner could not have foreseen or avoided including war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial action, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire; adverse weather conditions closure of international borders disease none availability of transport services interruption to services/utilities and all similar events outside the control of the Agent or the Property Owner.
10. All contractual obligations arising out of these conditions shall be subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.